Love is Kind by Laura Sassi, illustrated by Lison Chaperon, is a book that illustrates what real love looks like in a story about Little Owl and his quest to buy his Grammy a gift for her birthday. Little Owl wants to buy her a heart-shaped box of chocolates, but a series of events ruins his plans. How will he show her how much he loves her if he doesn't have a gift in hand? Love is Kind is the perfect book to pair with a sweet treat, especially if you plan to share that treat with someone you love. Just remember, love is about much more than treats!
Read: Love is Kind
- In what was does Little Owl show love to others throughout the story?
- What is one way you have shown love today?
- Talk about a time when it was hard to be loving.
- Who are some people you love a lot?
- How can you be loving to people around you, even if you don't know them well?
- What is your favorite kind of chocolate treat?
Do: Enjoy a chocolate treat with someone you love. Here are a few ideas that are perfect for summer time:
- Chocolate dipped ice cream! You can go out for this special treat or do it at home. Here is a simple recipe for an instant chocolate shell to pour over ice cream.
- Make chocolate dipped strawberries. Yummy! Here's how.
- Make chocolate dipped pretzels with family and friends. Stick on in a bowl of ice cream for a bit of crunch!
- Make ice cream sundaes with your favorite chocolate toppings. Some options: crushed m&ms, peanut butter cups, and chocolate cookies.