It's Easter time again, and there are so many wonderful books about Easter and bunnies and eggs that are perfect to share this time of year. We have put together a collection of some of our favorites, both old and new. We hope that these books will inspire families to talk about spring and Easter and do something special to celebrate the season together.
Ideas for things to DISCUSS:
- Why do people celebrate Easter? Does your family celebrate? Why or why not?
- What other special things happen during spring time?
- What are the best kind of Easter treats?
- If you could fill an Easter basket for your favorite person, what would be in it?
- Go to an Easter egg hunt or hold your own at home or a park.
- Make cookies shaped like bunnies, eggs, or other Easter/spring shapes.
- Make an Easter basket for a neighbor and surprise them with it.
- Fill plastic eggs with treats and give them to friends and neighbors.
- Donate to a food pantry or shelter to help other people celebrate the season.